Job and Volunteering Opportunities
Post title: Participant Support Worker (Part time) FTC until 31 May 2019
Accountable to: Community Centre Project Manager
Hours/Salary: 21 hours a week – £9.84 per hour
Location: Gloucester Street Community Centre, 1- 8 Gloucester Street, Wolverhampton. WV6 0PT
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Participant Support Worker who will play a key role in engaging efficiently and effectively with our participants to deliver and meet the agreed targets within the Black Country Together, Family Matters project. The BBO BRIDGES Programme is designed to meet the criteria of the European Social Fund’s (ESF) Investment Priority. GSCC are working in partnership to ensure active inclusion which aims to tackle the root cause of poverty and barriers that prevent disadvantaged groups entering the labour market.
Working under the supervision of the Project Manager, you will conduct a planned series of counselling, coaching and/or mentoring sessions for participants facing disadvantage, social exclusion to access relevant specialist support. You will engage with the unemployed, economically inactive to empower and build self-esteem and confidence to become economically active or gain employment. The role will also involve: providing practical support for participants and their children both before, during and after sessions, regularly promoting the project externally; also working with the Training & Development Co-ordinator, Outreach Support Worker and volunteers to ensure engagement is to the highest possible standards; helping to support activities within the project and providing practical and occasional administrative support to other BBO Bridges activities as directed.
- Support the holistic assessment of an individual’s needs;
- Help to bring freedom to people in the community that struggle with life controlling habits
- Provide support, advice and guidance with issues such as domestic abuse, life skills, debt management, addiction and self harming.
- Conduct counselling sessions with those identified as having personal issues that create barriers to employment, education and training
- Support the Outreach Support Worker with small case-loads, enabling in-depth support;
- Identify and liaise with local outreach support accessible to all participant groups;
- Support the research and organisation of activities that link participants to the labour market;
- Where necessary, signpost and refer participants on to additional external services that meet their specific needs;
- Regularly promote the project, track, monitor and submit monthly progress reports to Management
Personal qualities are important: The post holder will also need to be self-reliant, energetic and able to prioritise activities. A good working knowledge of MS Office packages is essential for this post, and the ability to learn new tasks and processes quickly would be advantageous.
The specific hours / days of work will be discussed and agreed with the Community Centre Project Manager.
How to apply: The closing date for applications is Mon 6th Aug 2018. If you are interested in applying, please email your CV to email@example.com or post to Gloucester Street Community Centre, 1- 8 Gloucester Street, Wolverhampton. WV6 0PT with a covering letter detailing why you should be considered for this role. For more information about the role call Marcia Williams on: 07866 6841689 or 01902 425461
Gloucester Street Community Centre are committed to Equality and Diversity
Volunteering Opportunities are available in the following areas:
IT Support Assistant
Childcare Support Assistant
Kitchen and Cleaning Assistant
Full support, supervision and training will be provided throughout the duration of your volunteering placement. Please note, you will be required to complete a DBS check before starting your placement.